Swanbourne House governors and senior team work hard to ensure that there is a clear strategic direction for the school and ongoing plans which implement this vision.
The school has adopted this mission statement:
Swanbourne House is a family-centred school which aims to provide a broad education. We recognise each child to be unique with individual needs and talents. We cater for pupils’ social, emotional, moral and spiritual well-being in a stimulating and creative academic environment. Day pupils and boarders are well prepared within the context of a Christian pastoral ethos for their next school and for their future lives in a fast moving and challenging globalised world.
Currently the school has identified the following strategic objectives:
- To provide a boarding school education from which day pupils and boarders benefit fully
- To provide an education with breadth and strong academic foundations through which pupils of a wide range of abilities and interests flourish
- To deliver an education underpinned by strong relationships between teachers, pupils and parents
- To impart the best of traditional values as a central theme running through a Swanbourne House education
- To develop the school site to provide enhanced and contemporary facilities to enable our children to flourish
- To foster robust relationships with senior schools nationally and locally
These objectives are being worked out in progress plans implemented by the senior staff and teachers responsible for the relevant areas of school life.